Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Why 3 A-7 playback monitor

  1. #11
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll bet she didn't sing;

    forums "Here comes the bride,
    forums Big, fat, and wide"

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    I forgot the songs. I had to sync her voice on tape with the organist with an A-8 in the organ
    balcony. The organist had to use a small ear piece
    for the beep.People thought she was in the back and the groom was getting married with someone else.@#$%^&*()&&&*

    According to EMI and quoted by George Martin. In 1963 only 5% of the population had stereo.

    His first two Beatle Album were released in mono.
    But to satisfy the 5% A GEEZER at EMI mixed his recordings in stereo and released them anyway.
    That's why you hear the instruments on one side and the vocals on the other. I kind of like it.

    ............

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ July 27, 2008 07:29 PM: Message edited by: CONVERGENCE ]</font>

  3. #13
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just like the distinction made of:

    1 - Drums
    2 - Musical Instruments

    and

    3 - Vocals

    Lest we should ever take one for the other...

    forums

    Dave

    PS 1958 was the year stereo became established, any wide-release recording from late that year or later was released in stereo (as well as mono). Some European record labels were making stereo LP's as early as 1954 I believe. It was common to use hard panning to accentuate the newfangled stereo effect, there is no reason that something recorded that way could not be remixed with different panning - I don't think that has much to do with mono/stereo.

    Q about Les Paul, I understood his interest in multi-tracking to be overdubs rather than stereo, am I wrong about this?

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    My Dad's old audio magazines were sporting advertisements selling stereo systems in 1957...

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by selmerdave:

    Q about Les Paul, I understood his interest in multi-tracking to be overdubs rather than stereo, am I wrong about this?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope.

    GM

  6. #16
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My fault Dave, I used the word 'stereo' where I should have used 'multitracking'. Edited accordingly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.